In keeping with our policy of “customer first”, and our obligations under the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act), we will ensure that our website is accessible to people who have visual, hearing, motor or cognitive impairments.
Making our website accessible is a core aim of Home Control Solutions and we will try and ensure that it is usable with a broad range of operating systems, browsers, and specialist assistive technologies.
As a standard, we employ all the following methods to ensure our site is accessible to as many people as possible:
- All pictures have an alternative text description
- We are committed to Plain English in all our written content
- Our site has been designed without the use of tables except where we need to represent normally tabulated content e.g. our contact form
- We do not use all-capitals for emphasis
- We use a hierarchy of heading markups i.e an <h1> tag for main headings, <h2> for secondary headings etc which makes it easier for screen readers to work out the stucture of a page
- Our site can be viewed in a logical order when all styling is turned off
Helping you make your computer easier to use
To find out more about making your computer more accessible and easy to use, have a look at AbilityNet’s website. They have a range of tips and suggestions relating to accessibility issues.
If there is an instance when our site does not meet the need of a specific disabled user group we will make changes to our current content, wherever appropriate, so that we can become more inclusive to a wider audience. Please contact us if this is the case.
Return to our home page.
Get in touch